Transportation within Juiz de Fora:
Juiz de Fora public transportation system is composed solely by buses. Each region has different colors of buses, and usually the red ones pass through UFJF Campus.
The city bus lines that pass through UFJF Campus are:
- 525, 535, 545 or 555 – Universidade
- 532 or 599 – São Pedro
- 534 – Santos Dumont
- 544 – Recanto dos Brugger
- 547 – Nossa Senhora de Fátima
- 548 – Adolpho Vireque via Jardim Casa Blanca / Morada do Serro
- 549 – Nova Germânia
- 560 – Av. Pres. Itamar Franco via Shopping
- 190 or 590 – Zona Sul / UFJF / CAS 755 – Zona Norte / UFJF
You need to signal for the driver to stop. To get out of the bus, you must pull the cord in the ceiling of the bus or press the red/orange button. A whistle will blow and the bus will stop in the next bus stop. You can track the buses using the Citta mobi app, available for Android and iOS
Inside UFJF Campus, silver-colored buses run from 6h30AM to 9h30PM, Mon-Fri. This service is completely free and you can check its timetable in the image below.
The city also counts with taxi service and UberX drivers for urban mobility.